Dolphins Squad Aims & Objectives
- To swim 800m-1500m continuously with an efficient technique using 3 strokes and turns compliant with ASA law.
- To swim 50m butterfly with good rhythm and arms clearing the water compliant with ASA law.
- Be able to execute starts turns and finish on all strokes compliant with ASA law.
- To achieve pre-competition levels 1 & 2.
- To confidently perform a ‘shallow’ racing dive from the blocks into a streamline position transitioning into front crawl, breast stroke and butterfly swim.
- To be able to perform a backstroke start into streamline position transitioning into backstroke swim.
- Have achieved stroke awards in Breaststroke and Butterfly.
- Swimmer has achieved target times at CPA’s for criteria for next group or due discretion by coaches on stamina and ability to cope in next group.
- To participate in internal club competitions.
- Attend a development competition or represent the club at external galas.
- Achieve a good attendance rate within the squad for 2 consecutive months.
- Attend sessions with appropriate equipment and drinks bottle.
- Arrive promptly for session to start so ready to enter water warmed up at start of session
|Wednesday||18:30||-||19:30||Gosport Leisure Centre|
|Friday||18:00||-||19:00||Gosport Leisure Centre|
|Sunday||17:30||-||18:30||Gosport Leisure Centre - Land Training|
|Sunday||18:30||-||19:30||Gosport Leisure Centre|