Penguins Squad Aims & Objectives
- To swim backstroke efficiently with sound starts and turns compliant with ASA law.
- Have achieved the stroke awards for front crawl and backstroke.
- To have achieved stage 7 of the national teaching plan.
- To have achieved distance badges 400m-800m.
- To swim 50m breaststroke with start, turn and finish compliant with ASA law.
- To swim 25m butterfly with good rhythm and arms clearing the water compliant with ASA law.
- To confidently perform a dive from the side into a streamline position transitioning into front crawl, breast stroke and butterfly swim.
- To be able to perform a backstroke start into streamline position transitioning into backstroke swim.
- Swimmer has achieved target times at CPA’s for criteria for next group or due discretion by coaches on stamina and ability to cope in next group.
- To participate in internal club competitions.
- Achieve a good attendance rate within the squad for 2 consecutive months.
- Attend sessions with appropriate equipment and drinks bottle.
- Arrive promptly for session to start so ready to enter water warmed up at start of session.
||Gosport Leisure Centre - Land Training
||Gosport Leisure Centre